Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Turkey Trot 5K

Thanksgiving Morning Turkey Trot 5K put on by Fleet Feet in American Fork.  Mom and I have done this three years in a row now and will continue to make it a Thanksgiving morning tradition.  My Mom is so cute. She is running to the finish line with my brother in law Steve.  It was Steve's first 5K race.  He was very excited.
We met up with my cousin Jeremy and his family.  I think this was the warmest Turkey Trot ever.
I am proud to say that I came in 32nd in females ages 30 - 34.  I know, what, were there only 32 people in that gender and age group running?  No.  I made the list.  I ran 3.1 miles in 31:44 minutes and came in 371 out of 884 people.  That is more than half.  I am quite proud of myself.  That is faster than what I normally run  at the gym.  Mom, your time was 41:45 minutes and you came in #18 in your age and gender group.  Steve you time was 26:10 minutes and you came in 10th in your age and gender group.  I am so doing this again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment