Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hot Chocolate Mix

Some of you may already know I am a chocoholic.  I have chocolate milk for blood.  I bleed brown.  The  irrationally large intake of chocolate over the years has slowly displaced the heme in my red blood cells with chocolate molecules.  Surprisingly my teeth have held up pretty well.  I drink or eat chocolate every day.  When it is warm outside I drink chocolate milk or chocolate milkshakes.  Nestle's is my chocolate beverage of preference.  No, their less sugar variety does NOT taste the same and I am unhappy that I cannot find the more sugar added containers that they used to sell.  When the weather changes I move to a daily dose of hot chocolate, usually from Starbucks or at home it is Swiss Miss or Stephen's Gourmet.  This year I decided to try something different and make my own. 

Hot Cocoa Mix


  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 and 1/2 cups powdered milk
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbs cornstarch
Mix that all together in either a food process, lots of shaking in a bag or bucket, or a wire whisk or pastry cutter.  It takes more than my usual cocoa mix to hot water ratio to get the taste, but it worked.  I added the rest of my home-made marshmallows to this batch.  Add a dollop of heavy cream and I am set for the rest of the night.  Delicious.  My blood thanks me.

2 comments:

  1. So funny, I was thinking just the other day, "I wonder how to make homemade hot chocolate mix" and presto, the answer magically appeared! I may have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall endeavor to continually use my telepathy on you to post answers to your questions.

      Delete