Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Kitty Cupcakes

I am still depressed about the loss of my Kitty Cat Ashey on December 1st.  We had him for 17 years and I knew him from the day he was born.  I knew him for more than half my life.  It was supposed to be our family chocolate dipping day, so I am blaming that as my excuse for not getting out neighbor Christmas treats this year.  To help with my depression I made some tribute chocolate kitty cupcakes to honor his memory.
I think they look like him.  I just used frosting and mini m&ms.  Let that be a lesson to you (me) always keep in stock a bag of m&ms for cupcake decorating.

Chocolate Cupcakes


  • 1 and 2/3 cup sugar
  • ¾ cup butter - softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup cake flour
  • 1 and ¼ cup all purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • ¼ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • 1 and ½ cup milk
Cream together sugar and butter.  Add eggs and vanilla.  In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.  Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk, starting and ending with milk.  Stir to combine.  Bake at 350°F for 18 – 20 min


No comments:

Post a Comment