Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

I love Pumpkin Bread.  I love Pumpkin Bread season.  I love anything pumpkin flavored, except ice cream and milkshakes.  Never again Dairy Queen, never again.  Yet, I still look at the menu board and think, oh Pumpkin ice cream that sounds good.  Wait wait, you had it once and threw up because it was so disgusting.  Sigh.  But I want it and it sounds good.  

Pumpkin Bread


  • 2/3 cup shortening
  • 2 and 2/3 cup sugar - Cream together sugar and shortening then add
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 can of pumpkin (16 ounces or 2 cups)
  • 2/3 cup water - Mix that all together then add the dry ingredients
  • 3 and 1/3 cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp cloves - Mix that all together.
  • Optional:  2/3 cup chopped nuts and 2/3 cup raisins.
  • Bake in 2 loaf pans at 350 degrees for about one hour to one hours and 10 minutes.

My whole purpose of making Pumpkin Bread this year was so that I can make Pumpkin Bread French Toast and Pumpkin bread peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  It was so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment