Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lemon Baked Fish

I try to eat sea food once a week which I creatively call Fish Fridays.  I know, I am so original.  I prefer fresh fish, who doesn't, but I do have a bag of frozen fish in the freezer at all times.  This techniques works for both frozen and fresh and for pretty much any kind of fillet of fish.  This is my go-to recipe for a quick, delicious, easy to prepare fish dinner.
Wrap a pan in tin foil and line with lemon slices.
Salt and pepper both sides of thawed out or fresh fish fillets then lay them on top of the lemon slices.  Here is a fun story.  I used to do this with frozen fish, just wrap it up and stick it in the oven, until my pan broke.  We were watching a movie and I had just put the frozen fish in the oven when we heard this explosion from the kitchen.  I opened the oven and found my best glass pan had shattered.  I was picking glass shards out of the oven and off the floor for weeks.  Needless to say we threw away the fish and I had to start over on dinner.  I blame the frozen fish.  Ever since then I  have always thawed my fish before adding it to the tin foil.  I never did get around to replacing my glass pan.  It's empty place amongst my other dishes serves as a reminder to always thaw my fish out before baking it.
Cover the fillets with more lemon slices.
Cover fish with tin foil to make a nice tin foil packet.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove lemon slices, or keep some of them to garnish the fish.  Serve with your choice of sides.  I did peas and rice this time.  I also like adding the yummy left over lemon-fish sauce to the rice.  I feel obligated to mention that I use no butter or oil in this recipe so it is healthier than fried fish.  Just fish and lemon.  Lemon and Lime also work well together.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment