Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin shaped Teacake Cookies

I made these for my company Halloween party.  My Russian teacake cookie recipe dyed orange with green candy melt chocolate stems to look like pumpkins.  I could have added pumpkin pie mix to the recipe but I didn't think of that until the next day.  I shall have to try it next time.  This is my favorite cookie recipe because they are easy to make, takes very few ingredients, and everyone loves them.  

Russian Teacake Cookies


  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks) room temperature or softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Mix that all together.  Then add:
  • 2 and 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • Use a small ice cream scoop to make them all uniform in size.  I scoop and roll to make them all into little balls.  This recipe makes about 50 balls.  I like saying the word, "Balls".  
  • Bake 400 degrees for 8 - 12 min. 
  • When cool enough to touch, but still warm, roll in powdered sugar.  I put my powdered sugar in a gallon bag and drop about 5 balls in at a time, shake them around a bit, then take them out all evenly sugar coated.  They may need two coats of sugar.  If the cookies are too warm the first coat of sugar melts and they need to be dusted again. 

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. these were delicious... and may I add, those walnuts are not "optional". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. But I have family and friends that do not like nuts and/or are allergic. I used to make them half a batch with nuts and half without, but lately I put the nuts in the whole batch and if you don't like I that means I get to eat more cookies.

      Delete