Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Missionary Cake

My brother just got home from his mission to Romania.  He gave his homecoming talk in church on Sunday 11.11.12.  (Not as cool as 11.11.11 or 11.12.13.  I am a numbers person.)  Then, as is the Mormon Culture custom, we threw a homecoming party for him at my parent's house after church.  I made a Missionary Cake.  It is a simple chocolate cake with a fondant tie and name tag.  The Blue, Yellow, and Red are the colors of the Romanian flag.  
I also made Romanian Flag Rainbow Jello.
We had cookies, a vegetable plate, ham and cheese plate for sandwiches, and hot apple cider.
Around 30-50 people showed up, it was a lot of fun to visit with my aunts and uncles and cousins.
Here is Richard cutting his cake.
I think he liked cutting the cake more than eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment