Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

Home-made Hot Cocoa

 
I love a good cup of hot cocoa.  I am, after all, a chocolate fiend.  I have Gold Member status at Starbucks through the sheer volume of hot chocolate I purchase there.  I do not drink coffee.
I consume chocolate every day.  When it is cold, September - March, I drink hot chocolate.  When it is not cold, April - August, I drink chocolate milk.  The Nesquick bunny is my favorite.  If I am not drinking chocolate I am eating it.  I have a chocolate cupboard at home.  I have three ice cream buckets and a large square pop top full of various chocolates: Candy melts, baking chocolate, chocolate chips, holiday chocolate boxes, candy bars, m&m's.  You name it, I eat it.  Daily.  
For Christmas this year I decided to give my siblings home-made hot cocoa mix.  They are not as obsessed with chocolate as I am, but I know they would appreciate a nice mug on a cold winter's day.  Due to climate change it has been a very cold this winter this year.
Hot Cocoa Mix
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
2 and ½ cups powdered milk
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cornstarch
2 Tbs cinnamon (optional)
2 tsp nutmeg (optional)

Mix all ingredients together.  
Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Of late I have developed an interest for all things Mason Jars.
The original plan was to get cute ribbon, a cute jar top, maybe glue on some cute googly eyes, or a cute felt nose.  But that would require more effort so I decided to wrap them instead.  Then I underestimated the minuscule amount of wrapping paper I had left in the house and I did not want to go to the store so I put the rest in bags.  I save bags.
It was not my original intention to cruelly trick some my siblings into thinking I went to Jared's, Sephora, or Godiva for them.  Though that was the assumption (much to my chagrin) when they got their gifts Christmas morning.  I put Dad's Gettysburg Canteen in a Victoria's Secret Box.  You should know me by now.  I am cheap and I re-use bags.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I'll do better next year.  Enjoy your hot chocolate.  I love you guys...  I'm just a lazy wrapper.

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment