Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Pesto Pasta and Sausage

Pesto Pasta and Sausage
This was my first time making Pesto sauce on my own.  J got me a lovely food processor for my birthday last year that I need to utilize more.
2 cloves of garlic, a few quick food processor pulses.  Or 3 cloves if you really like garlic, which I do.
2 cups basil leaves.  I found a Basil plant at Winco for $3 and that seemed to be enough.  Process that for a couple of seconds until it looks like a paste.
3 Tbs pine nuts, lightly toasted is best.  Or walnuts, or pecans, or peanuts, or almonds.
A pinch of salt and pepper.
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Process that all together and add 1/2 cup olive oil, or more until you get the right consistency you want.
Use immediately or it can be store refrigerated for 2 - 3 days.  For longer storage stick it in the freezer.


1 comment:

  1. Did someone say PESTO???
    I love love love pesto!
    I NEED to make this dish!

    ReplyDelete