Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes

The Great Chocolate Cupcake Dilemma
My Mom asked me to make 36 chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache frosting to bring to her work for a co-worker's birthday.
My recipe only made 30 cupcakes.  So I thought to myself, just use half the recipe and have a few extra.  Then as I was making it I realize that I was adding the same volume of ingredients again instead of only half.  I ended up with 60 chocolate cupcakes.  Then I ran out of Chocolate Ganache at cupcake number 37.
At least I had a full 36 of what my client (Mom) had asked for.  For the rest I just made a quick chocolate butter cream frosting.  That lead me to my great dilemma.  What to do with all these chocolate cupcakes?  Yes, my life is full of such problems.
I brought them to my work and my friends and co-workers ate them with much guilt, regret, self loathing, and a little childish glee.  To clear up a question someone asked me today, No I have not started my own bakery.  Yet.  The bakery boxes used for transporting said cupcakes are doughnut boxes swiped from Smith's Grocery store.  They were too shallow, when I closed the lid the frosting would get smushed.  I cut the top off, and taped wooden dowls to the four corners of the box so that when I replaced the lid it would sit higher and keep the frosting from smushing.  

2 comments: