Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week 17: Turnip

Week 17:  F1 baby is the size of a turnip.  I have no turnip jokes.   Turnips are just not funny.  I made Turnip stew.

Turnip stew

1 cup chicken broth
Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning, or any seasoning
1+ pounds of potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1" pieces
1 pound beef, cubed into 1" pieces
A handful of carrots, rough chopped
2 Turnips, peeled, and cut into 1" pieces

Crock pot on LOW for 7-9 hours.
Crock pot the stew.  Add the chicken broth and seasoning first, followed by layering meat, potatoes, carrots, and turnips.  Note to self:  Use 3 cups of broth next time.
Crock Pot cook on LOW for 7 - 9 hours or until you cannot stand the delicious smell in the house anymore and start picking at it early.  Garnish with parsley.

Enjoy
Here I am with my 17 week baby bump.  The horizontal striped shirt really brings out how much weight I've gained.  No more skinny jeans for me.  I am starting to shop for maternity clothes.  I still get bouts of morning sickness.  I started a "Days without Incident" board for my own amusement to see how long I can go.  The longest I have gone is 11 days since I found out I was pregnant.  My goal is two weeks without an incident.  I also started Prenatal Yoga this week.  I hope that will help bring down my anxiety about having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment