Valentine's Day Cake Pops
Cake Pop Cake
- 1 box Cake Mix
- 1 box 3.9 oz Instant Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- Combine Cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil. Mix. Bake 325 degrees 30+ min until done. Cool pan 10 min. Remove cake from pan and cool completely. It will be really moist.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter – softened
- 1 tsp vanilla or other flavorings
- 2 Tbs heavy cream, milk, or water – Mix with beater
- 1 Tbs Meringue Powder (optional)
- 4 cups powdered sugar – Mix with a beater 1 cup at a time.
- Add more heavy cream or powdered sugar for the right consistency you want
Chocolate MeltsMelt candy melts in microwave 30 sec at a time and stir until smooth. Dip lollipop stick in chocolate and stick in cake ball then back to the freezer until they are set.
Dipping the SticksDip cake balls in candy melts, roll around until evenly coated, tap on side of bowl extra chocolate. Set on wax paper or upright in holder. I use Styrofoam covered in tin foil. Decorate and store in refrigerator until ready to be eaten.
The Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry National Natural Landmark, located in The San Rafael Swell, near Cleveland, Utah, contains the largest collection of Allosaurus fossils ever found. http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/price/recreation/quarry.html