Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sometimes you just need a cookie.  I have been feeling depressed for the past two weeks, probably because of all the snow we have been getting and my anxiety over driving in it.
Sometimes you just need fresh baked Chocolate Chip Cookies.  This is from my permanently barrowed Betty Crocker cookbook.  The one where if you drop the book it opens up to this page.

Chocolate Chip Cookies


  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup shortening
  • Then add
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Mix that all together then add the dry ingredients
  • 1 and ½ cup flour
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • 1 package (6 oz) chocolate chips.
  • Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars. Mix together dry ingredients and add chocolate chips. Bake at 375 for 8-10 min.

I am happy.
My husband is happy.
My Dalek Cookie Jar is happy. 
In case anyone was wondering his name is K-27 because J got him for my 27th birthday in a vicious to the death match snipe on e-bay.  He exterminates hunger.  He is wearing the Bowers Family Reunion team medal we won after a series of grueling sporting events.  Yeah, the pie eating contest was brutal.
My Takashi kitty is happy.

1 comment:

  1. Those look divine, and like I could handle it. My cookies always flatten out, I will see if these beauties can handle the Heber altitude test! If only I had some choc chips!!!
    I will get some and try these sweeties!

    ReplyDelete