Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

My First Wedding Cake

My friends Caleb and Amanda got married October 20th, 2012.
It was the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen.  They held the ceremony at a picnic area up the canyon with perfect fall weather.
Amanda asked me to make her cake.  I have been wanting to do a wedding cake for the last two years and I jumped at the opportunity to finally do one.  This is my first wedding cake.  
Four tiers.  Red Velvet and Cream Cheese frosting.  White fondant covering.  Silver ribbon bases.  It got hot and kind of melted off to one side.  I still need to figure out how to get it perfectly stacked and straight.
Her florist did the flower sections and the topper.  I just provided him with the white cake pallet to work with.
During my cake baking process I burned a batch of cakes.  I cut off the burned part and added cream cheese frosting and made cake pops out of them.  They turned out delicious.
I also made a simple 12" x 18" frosting sheet cake in case we needed more cake.  Everything was red velvet and cream cheese.
I am so happy for them and wish them the best as they start their new lives together.  They are such a cute couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment