Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baked Ziti

This is my ode to Baked Ziti. J loves Baked Ziti. We've had it twice this week. My Aunt Leslie introduced me to Baked Ziti, it is her specialty dish. Now, I am making it mine.

1 lb (16 oz) ziti or similar noodle pasta - cooked and drained
1 package of sausage - Colosimo Italian is prefered - cooked until brown
Onions, garlic, peppers - saute with sausage.
Diced tomatoes and canned tomato sauce - heat all together and added spices - I prefer Italian seasoning, oregano, and basil.
2 lb Ricotta cheese + 1 lb mozzarella - mix together with a little bit of salt, pepper, and more Italian seasoning.
Butter a large baking dish.
Alternate layers of sauce, noodles, ricotta, and repeat. Bake uncovered 20 min at 350 F. Enjoy. We do not wait for it to cool.

1 comment: