Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2013

Crepes

I was feeling fancy and Frenchy so I decided to make crepes for dinner.  I consider Crepes as the elitist pancake.  In my opinion crepes are a cross between a pancake and a tortilla.  They have the buttery flakiness of pancakes with the flexibility of tortillas that allows you to stuff them with anything.  My brother asked me for my crepe recipe a few weeks ago which got me craving them.  Then I had to make 'em and post it to the Bloggy McBloggerton, which is my pet name for this blog.  These are for you Richard.

Crepes

1 cup cold Water
1 cup cold Milk
4 Eggs
1/2 tsp Salt
1 and 1/2 cups Flour
4 Tbs melted Butter
Beat together water, eggs, and milk.  Add flour and butter.  I find it best to add everything to a blender so there are less lumps.  Refrigerate for 2 hours before cooking.  This recipe makes for a lot of crepes so when cooking for two I usually cut it in half.
This is my 3 pan system.  It would be 4 pans, if I had four pans.  I do not own a crepe maker, so I pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each well buttered pan.  Spread it around, then move on to the next pan.  By the time I get to pan #3 it is time to flip pan #1's crepe.  Pour and flip, pour and flip, and I can get them all done pretty fast.
I made a quick sausage, egg, red bell pepper, green onion and cheese mixture for the filling.
Stuff 'em and wrap 'em.
Crepes for dinner.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment