Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2015

Gender Reveal Cake Pops

It is a Boy, A Girl, or are we going to be progressive parents and let our baby decide what gender they want to be.  Or Baby was not cooperating and the Ultrasound technician could not determine the gender at this appointment and we will have to re-schedule.  I am not a spontaneous person and I do not like surprises, so I decided that I really wanted to know our baby's gender before they were born.  I do not have a gender preference.  I just want a healthy baby.  But I do want to know what color I should decorate the room, what list of names I should choose from, and what gender themed outfits and accessories I should get before baby is born.  In anticipation of our big Gender Reveal Day, at 10am on Tuesday October 6th, 2015,  I decided to make Cake Pops. 
I had the left over vanilla frosting from a previous cake and have a ready supply of every color of candy melt available.  All I need is the cake.  I decided to go with a simple vanilla tea cake.

Tea Cake

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 egg
1 cup self rising flour
1/3 cup milk

Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla, and the egg.
Add flour and milk.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min.  Allow the cake to cool for 5 - 20 min before turning it out of the pan.
Crumble the cake with about 1 cup of vanilla frosting and mush it all together until it has the consistency of playdough.
Take about a Tbs full of dough and roll it into balls.
Dip the end of a lollipop stick into melted Candy melt chocolate and stick it into the center of the ball.  Freeze or refrigerate the balls until the chocolate sets and the stick is stable.  Cover the cake pop in more candy melt chocolate and refrigerate again to set.
Our big day had finally arrived.  My husband and I went to the Women's Health Center and after an hour of searching, because baby was being in breech position facing my back and did not feel like moving, our Ultrasound Tech informed us that we are having a girl.
That means I need to go with pink cake pops.
Our baby's Ultrasound profile picture.
Pink Cake Pops for a Girl.
We are so excited to be having a little girl.
Now we need to pick a name for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment