Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Strawberries and Cream

Strawberries and Cream

To go along with my strawberries and cream cupcakes for Margo's Bridal Shower I made a lighter dessert of cream stuffed strawberries.
Wash and dry 30+ pretty strawberries.  Do not cut the leaves off.

Whipped Cream

  • 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 2 Tbs powdered Sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • Whip it.  Whip it good.
Cut the strawberries in half, then in half again or quartered.  Do not cut them down to the bottom stem or they flop open and do not sit upright.  I accidentally cut a few of them in half but it was okay.  Those are now defective strawberries and must be eaten immediately.  There were so many strawberry casualties I was surprised I managed to get any done to take with me.
Stuff the whipped cream into a piping bag and fill each strawberry.


J piped out pink chocolate "M"'s for Margo for garnishes.
The dessert table at the Bridal Shower.  Strawberries and Cream, cupcakes, Mexican Wedding Cookies, and a veggie plate.
I think they turned out pretty.





1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS! It all looks so beautiful, too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete