Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Muffin Tin Mini German Pancakes

I love German Pancakes.  I grew up with Mom making  German Pancakes for dinner.  We got to pick our own toppings; sweet like powdered sugar or maple syrup and savory like cheddar and ham.  I also love German Pancakes because  they are a quick and easy meal, and good for when I have eggs and not much else.  Coming from a family that raised chickens, we had a lot of eggs (and sometimes not much else).  My parents still have chickens, though not as many as we had back then.  This was one of my favorite egg based dinners.  My  husband alas does not share  my enthusiasm for German Pancakes.  He comes from German stock but still thinks they are bland and boring so I try to change things up a bit for him.

German Pancake

6 Eggs
1 cup Milk
1 cup Flour
1 tsp Salt
Mix everything in a blender then pour into a buttered pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes.  Makes 2 dozen muffin tin mini German pancakes or one 9" x 12" pan.
Then while they are still hot I added some shredded cheddar cheese. Because I love Cheese.  I love cheddar Cheese.  I love all  Cheese. Cheese is worthy of much love. You should love cheese too. Just saying.
I sauteed some green onions and fried up some bacon bits and put that in the blender with the rest of the mix.  (note bacon is dense, bacon sinks to the bottom of the blender, do not do that again,instead add after blending and pouring). Pour the batter into buttered muffin tins and bake as usual.
Muffin tins makes almost everything Bite Sized.  Bite sized is cute.  I am all about cute. I identify and empathize with cute. Cute is good. Just saying.  Bite Sized is also perfect Game Food.  J has been playing the new Tomb Raider.  Really good game.  I encourage him to play by making bite sized dinners for him.

I left a dozen without cheese so we could try them with and without.  I was surprised, we actually ate two dozen in one sitting.  They were that good.  Good is good. I hope you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment