Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

Breakfast Scones

Bacon and Cheddar Scones.  This is a complete breakfast in one bite.  It has two of my favorite things:  Bacon and Cheese.  I am a big proponent of Bacon.  I love finding new ways to add Bacon to any dish.  Bacon makes everything better.  I love Bacon.

  Breakfast Scones

  • 3 cups Flour
  • 1 Tbs Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Pepper, unless you are like me and really really like pepper, then add 2 tsp
  • 1 Stick (1/2 cup or 8 Tbs) Butter, cold and cubed
  • 1 and 1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
  • 4 Green Onions, chopped
  • 10 slices of Bacon, cooked, and chopped
  • 1 cup Buttermilk, because buttermilk makes breakfast better
  • Add dry ingredients together and with a pastry cutter or food processor cut in butter cubes.  Add cheese, green onions, bacon, and buttermilk.  Mix that all together and briefly knead the dough into ball, then flatten into a disk.  Cut out 8 - 10 wedges, or more if you like your scones thin.  Set the scones on a parchment paper covered sheet pan and give them a good egg wash (1 egg + 2 Tbs water, beaten).  Bake at 400 degrees for 18 - 20 min.

This is another one of my "encouraging J to play" Game Food dinners.  Tomb Raider is just that awesome.
I tried to get a close up of the bacon bits.  I had some left over this time and ate them for lunch all week.  Now that I am out I am thinking of making another batch just so I can take them to work with me for lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am so making these! My mouth is watering right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Welcome. Thank you pinterest. Every once in a while I get on pinterest and look for something I think I can make for dinner.

    ReplyDelete