Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 lbs Carrots
- 1 cup Butter, divided
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 rib of Celery
- 4 cups of Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Suggested Seasonings: Salt, Pepper, Cloves, Cinnamon
- Bake Butternut Squash cubes on a greased pan at 350 degrees with 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, and salt for 20 - 30 minutes until soft but not burned.
- Boil carrots until soft, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Saute onion, celery, and garlic in 1/2 cup butter until soft.
- Food processor the carrots, onions, and butternut squash until it has a paste like consistency. A Vitamix or heavy duty blender would work better, but my sad little blender could not handle the stuff. It cannot even properly mix a milkshake let alone a hearty soup. For a blender that works: Slowly add heavy cream. For my small capacity food processor I added the orange mush to a large soup pot then slowly added the heavy cream and stirred it in. Bring to a simmer. Add sugar, salt, and seasoning to taste. Add water if it is still too thick.