Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

Meatloaf

Last Sunday I made meatloaf.
I used one pound of hamburger and one pound of ground turkey and seasoned them with garlic salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and a little bit of lemon juice.  I put Italian Seasoning in everything.  It is my favorite spice.
Then I mash it up into chunks to more evenly spread out the seasoning.
Then I added 2 eggs, 1 can (14 oz) of evaporated milk for moisture.
Followed by a whole package of saltine crackers and half an onion, diced.
Mix that all together.
Form it into a lump and put it on a pan.  Here is where you learn from your mistakes.  Put the meatloaf on tinfoil sprayed with Pam over the pan, not on the pan directly.  Then you will not have to spend the next two days scrubbing baked on BBQ sauce off the sheet tray until you give up and call it good.
Cover the meatloaf with about 1/4 cup BBQ sauce.  It gives it a more tangy flavor than ketchup, I think.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 - 55 min.  Note the baked on BBQ sauce that I gave up on trying to scrub off.
Here is my adorable husband enjoying his meaty goodness.
Meatloaf and cheesy potatoes.  Comfort food that my Momma used to make.
And the best part is that we still had leftovers to eat for the next three days.  There is only two of us so a big meal can last a few days.  I can eat cold meatloaf for breakfast anytime.  Love the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment