Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkin Cupcakes

This time of year I crave for something pumpkin.  I love pumpkin.  I love pumpkin spice.  I cannot honestly say I love pumpkin flavored everything because of the infamous pumpkin milkshake that one year, but I like most things pumpkin.  

Pumpkin cupcakes

  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • ¾ cup + 2 Tbs sugar
  • ¾ cup canned pumpkin (half of a 14 oz can)
  • 1 and ½ cup flour
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp cloves
  • ¼ tsp nutmeg
  • ¾ tsp cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • Mix together oil, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin.  Mix together dry ingredients, add to wet and combine.  Bake 325°F for 25 min. Makes about 24 cupcakes.
Mix together wet ingredients and sugar.
Add dry ingredients and mix together.  Using an ice cream scoop fill cupcake wrappers.
This batch made exactly 24 cupcakes.
I think Cream Cheese frosting goes best with pumpkin cake and cupcakes.  My twist is the cinnamon.

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

  • 8 oz cream cheese (one package) microwave shortly until warm
  • ½ cup butter (1 stick) at room temperature
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 5 – 6 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 Tbs Cinnamon - add according to taste. I tend to go a bit heavy on the cinnamon.
Peanut Brittle for garnish.  Peanut Brittle
Here I go all trying to be fancy and made peanut brittle to garnish my cupcakes.
Cupcakes without peanut brittle.
Cupcakes with peanut brittle.  I think they look nicer with that added touch of something crunchy.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment