Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Peanut Butter

I made peanut butter.  It was much easier than I thought and tastes delicious.  J loves peanut butter so I was excited to be able to make my own for him.

Peanut Butter Recipe

16 ounces = 2 cups of shelled, skinned, and roasted peanuts.  I found them in the bulk food section of Winco.  You can also buy a bag of roasted peanuts and shell them yourself.  This is what I did for my second batch. Or go even farther and roast the peanuts, then shell them, then make the peanut butter.
1 tsp salt
3 tsp honey
2 Tbs peanut oil
Food processor peanuts, salt, and honey for 1 min.
Drizzle in peanut oil as you continue to process for 2 more minutes.
Continue processing until you get the desired smoothness of peanut butter.  J likes his peanut butter smooth.  I like crunchy.
Freshly processed peanut butter tastes so good.  It is nice and warm from the machine.    Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. I make homemade peanut butter too! I don't add any sweetener(although I've considered it) but I do add salt and extra virgin olive oil. I've never really measured. Your peanut butter looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have thought about just going with olive oil, but I wasn't sure how it would taste so I just stick with peanut oil. I need to try different seasonings next time like cinnamon or curry and see how that tastes.

      Delete